Sunday 29 September 2013

Only Black Girl In The World (can we take a moment for my overstatement...)

M'kay. Before y'all judge that I'm exaggerating/remind me I'm out in Quebec and decided to be here blah blah blah buh blehhhhh.....

LET me tell you how I spent my day today.

NOT exploring Ottawa like a badman as I had originally intended (that has been postponed to tomorrow).

I decided to put on my Yes Man Hat and accept an invitation to go and watch a tractor ploughing contest. I kid you not. I fully went.

Believe I changed my clothes, ratty t-shirt, house jeans and walkin shoes (my comfy sneakers, be real I don't own no CATs). My Ottawa outfit will re-emerge tomorrow coz trekkin through the mud and whatever....#AintNobodyGotTimeFoThat

Anyways. Pre farm/field trip we had to swing by the golf course real quick. Let me just make it clear that you cannot 'swing by' anywhere out here, even in a car that still means a good 10 minute drive or more. BUT. My God. It was beauuuuuuuuuuutiful! Autumn out here is next levels, big ol' tall trees all orange and red and brown. It's like going from amateur weather to professional, like I've never seen autumn - or rather fall (kmt) - before.

SO. This golf course is waaaaay out in the woods, by a lake, its some out of town getaway thing. TOOOOO beautiful! No black people. Just saying. I knew this. You lot know this. But still. Felt a little like the beautymark on Marylin's face loool.

But yea, so we saw alladat, then we went walking to the owners' (who happens to be related to our host family - YES!) house. Literally overlooking the lake - which was big as hell- with a JACUZZI. OML. Belive  nobody was home and that thing was still on. MONAAAAAAY. You KNOW they got money loool! They also run a B&B chalet thingy out in Montremblant (caring if my spelling is wrong....) with a spa! You KNOW Ima be visiting!!!












After that, we go to this tractor-fest thing....

WELL. Marylin's face got a WHOOOOOOOOOOLE lot bigger.......I'm talking just all middle aged and old dudes in baseball caps and jeans. Tractors all around. Even horses with ploughs. No joke.

Hear this: the aim is to plough about a rectangle size piece of land with your tractor or horses and keep it straight and even.......that's the aim......men, women and children's categories......

YES. This is life.

There were alpacas, and stalls.










So I bought some loot...buttons, facemask....ate some munchies...then the country music started.....then we went home.....

It was an interesting day. At least I can say I tried new things. I'm looking forward to my invite to the jacuzzi lake house and the spa.....tractor contest............Wellllll.......

Anywho, now it's time for some school prep, scripture (YES.), some lemon thriller tea (this tea is DOING IT for me now), burritos (with my homemade guac) and a movie before bed.

Tomorrow we gonna press play on my Ottawa adventure....




#Selfie actin stupid cause I'm catching so much sun out here! #HiddenSummer

No comments:

Post a Comment